about vaccine

dear dr.

I am HBV infected found in last oct. immediately my wife tested for it and she was negative. my question is we had open sex just before 3 days and i am +ve and she is _ve, she now completed 3 vaccines doses. Is she safe now? shall we have open sex and kisses again. Though i am +ve she didnt get it, shall i considered as a inactive carrier (i have HBeag -ve). Is it possible to apply visa with +ve HB for US. Sorry too many questions, but expecting good answer.

The vaccine is very effective in preventing HBV transmission. It would be a good idea for your wife to have a blood test called Hepatitis B surface antibody to be certain that she developed the protection she needs. HOwever, if you can't get that test, or it is too expensive, the vaccine is effective in more than 95 percent of people.

I can't say whether you are an inactive carrier since we do not know your HBV DNA level. In an inactive carrier the DNA is very low or non-detectable and liver function tests (AST and ALT) are usually normal.

SHOULD I BE RETESTED FOR HEP C?
barber shop incident