hepc after 48tx tests

my GI says hepc is neg., but the numbers are still about 561, he says thats low as their tests can show and i say WHAT are the names of other more accurarte tests can I request so i am SURE I am a nondetectable absolute zero?? also what names of best test to request for my cirrhosis/cancer test,GI only said sonogram!!! please help ASAP as my appt is next Tuesday 1 thanx!!!

A negative HCV RNA test needs to be undetectable - I usually use a test that goes down to <50 IU/mL. More sensitive testing I use at "test of cure" off treatment. If you have any detectable virus - that means that the virus will rebound (increase) off treatment.

A sonogram is fine for screening for hepatocellular carcinoma with testing for AFP blood tests. If AFP is elevated, then I get more sensitive imaging like MRI.

stage 2 of liver biopsy