|hep c transmission
May 19, 2007
Is Hepatitis C transmitted by unprotected anal sex?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The answer is definitely yes. Although sexual transmission of HCV is uncommon, there are increasing rates of acute HCV noted globally which appear to be most common in MSM with a history of anal intercourse and ulcerative lesions from a sexually transmitted disease like syphilis. The risk of transmission was associated with trauma in one study.
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- Why It Still Burn After I Have Been Treated For An Std?
- Acute Retroviral Syndrome Rash Pictures
- Can I Get Std Disease From A Kiss?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.