|hep c transmission
May 19, 2007
Is Hepatitis C transmitted by unprotected anal sex?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The answer is definitely yes. Although sexual transmission of HCV is uncommon, there are increasing rates of acute HCV noted globally which appear to be most common in MSM with a history of anal intercourse and ulcerative lesions from a sexually transmitted disease like syphilis. The risk of transmission was associated with trauma in one study.
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes Igg And Igm?
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Causes Recurring Yeast Infections And Bacteria Vaginosis?
- Can A Uti Cause A False Positive On Chlamydia Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.