hiv,hcv,baby

my girlfriend had anti hcv weakly pozitive,rt pcr negativ and hcv markers nonreactiv.we find out on december,after that we start to protect,we love eachother and really wishing to have baby,she did many times hiv test and all negativ,i did after 1 mounth p24and hiv1,2.3 and 6 months hiv test and all negativ do we have any risk still to have hiv and not to appear due to past hcv infection?can tests mix the andybodys?thanks a lot,alen

There is only ONE case report that I am aware of of a patient having a delayed HIV seroconversion after getting HCV infection. This obviously is a rare event. And I doubt she has HCV...

I suspect the "weak positive" HCV test is a false positive. Would get a RIBA test for HCV if there is any further concern - this is the most definitive test for HCV and if negative - you don't have to worry about HCV again.

Risk of spread to Partner
hep c transmission