WOW what test is that?

Hello

First let me start by telling you how wonderful your site is. I would like to say for an out gay man who was diagnoses positive in october and who has friends who are positive, its hard to come out again. This site gives me GREAT support. Thank you.

So to my questions, I have decided to stay with my GP physician since my diagnosis. he has run a battary of tests on me and I believe he is doing a good job. However I have had a lot of stomach pain in the last couple of month to which he has diagnosed as IBS. I feel this is a generic diagnosis however I now see this test on your site and am wondering if I should be getting it. It is called, Genotypic resistance Interpretation Algorithm. Should I have gotten this test also?

Thanks d

I suspect that you may be referring to a diagnosis of HIV - you didn't say. Genotypic testing is recommended at baseline for HIV to determine if you have drug resistance.

If you have hepatitis C infection, you will also have genotypic testing to determine what type of hepatitis C you have - there are genotypes 1-6 in the world and some respond better to treatment than others.

I am glad you find the site a good resource for you. Any further questions on HIV should go to the HIV site.

Best regards..

Hiv and Hepatitis
Risk of spread to Partner