Core antibody was positive, now negative!?

In 1999, I donated blood. I got a letter saying that I was positive for the Hepatitis B core antibody. I followed up with my doctor just a week later, and my results were..

Hepatitis B Core Tot Ab POSITIVE HBs Antigen w/Reflex NEGATIVE Hepatitis B Surf AB NOT IMMUNE

Didn't test again till a few days ago.

Im still waiting for some results to come back, but Hepatitis, A, and C are both negative.

Hepatitis B Core Antibody is now NEGATIVE my doctor told me. But back in 1999, it was Positive!????? Is that normal to have it change to negative???? What does that mean!?

I am still waiting on the Hepatitis B surface antigen. That should be back tomorrow.

What do the change in results mean?

He did a liver panel, and all my liver functions were COMPLETELY normal. Not even one number out of range!!!

I had a baby 3 years ago. I don't think they tested me while I was pregnant. Could I have passed Hepatitis B on to her!??? :( :( :( :(

Thanks for your help!

An anti-HBc antibody are sometimes positive in people who have never been exposed - this is a "false positive". It occurs often in situations of low prevalence of disease (eg, blood donors) where the false test comes back and basically has little significance. This time the antibody is negative - as it rightfully should be - a "true negative." You do not have hepatitis B!

another lab result question
Is the viral count 50 for hepatis c to low