|drugs and liver
May 6, 2007
what happens when you do cocaine and heroin when you have a bad liver
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am particularly concerned about cocaine in that context since cocaine can cause an "ischemic hepatitis", which basically means that cocaine can restrict blood vessels and cut down on oxygen supply to the liver. Liver cells die when this happens. It is like having a heart attack.
When should I stop taking Adefovir ?
high Alkaline phosphate & HIV or Hbs
- Is Headache An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- Just Because The Vagina Is Burning Doesn't Mean You Have An Std
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
- 9 Month Negative HIV Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.