When should I stop taking Adefovir ?

I was tested as Hepatitis B carries for 10 years. once GOT reached 650 GPT 420 and started taking lamivudine, after one and half years, I got YMDD mutant and took Adefovir for 2.5 years.now GOT 40/GPT 20. I don't know when should I stop taking Adefovir.

This needs to be discussed with your physician since I don't have enough information to help you. The decision to stop is determined by what kind of HBV you have: HBeAg positive or HBeAg negative infection.

It will depend on your e antigen results and the results of HBV DNA testing.

Right time for treatment
drugs and liver