|help in understanding fibrosis blood test results
May 6, 2007
my husband's Hep C diagnosis has been confirmed, he has 1a with a viral count of 1.7 million and the result of the blood test done in lieu of biopsy was a score of 81 on a scale of 1-100. The Dr. says his liver is "pretty beat up." What does this score indicate in terms of severity of liver damage? He is to begin treatment as soon as we get approval from our insurance carrier. He is tired-falls asleep as soon as he is still, and his urine is very dark.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The blood test includes scarring or "fibrosis" which is a measure of liver damage. Treatment is certainly indicated for more advanced forms of liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Bumps On Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.