geno type 3 A

WITH DUE RESPECT I am a patient of hapatitus c.geno type 3 A .I am diabetic too.I have consult to dr.and treated for about one year with injection Interfron with cap ribrain.. one more yr passed after treatment. now i m not feeling well again my report are showing raise ALT level and dr.suggested me injection PEGINTRON for six yr.one weekly.. now i want to know..is that suitable for me to continue with dr..suggesion or stay un touch with dr.. kindly ignore my typicng and literature mistake as i m not very much aware of enlish language..thanks alot.reply as soon as you can....

Retreatment is a consideration if you first responded and then relapsed. I would consider retreatment for 48 weeks this time around.

However it sounds like you got a full year of therapy the first time. Perhaps your physician is suggesting maintenance therapy with low dose interferon. That approach is being studied in several large treatment trials (eg, HALT-C).

I would certainly be certain that your elevated ALT is related to HCV by checking a HCV RNA test. If the RNA test is negative, other causes of liver disease can be considered such as fatty liver.

hepa cure
help in understanding fibrosis blood test results