May 6, 2007
I was cleaning out a dental unit filter the other day, and I think that something from it got in my eye. I know that it wasn't used on a patient in a few days. My question is what are my chances of catching hep c or even hiv from that incident?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Very very unlikely. However, in any potential work-related exposure, I always think it is in your best interest to pursue counseling and testing if there is any concern. I cannot comment on the "dental filter" since I am not sure what this represents.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Test For Trichomoniasis?
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.