CD4 count and the Hep B vaccine

My cd4 count is now at 267 from a low a year ago of 179. I need to take the Hep B vaccine. My doctor recommended waiting till it reached 300 in order for the odds to be greater that it will work and create anti-bodies. I value his opinon but also want to compare with other thoughts out there. Thanks

Your doctor's approach is a reasonable one since responses to the vaccine are better at higher CD4 counts.

I will also say that there is data on the use of double dosages of vaccine in patients with CD4 counts >350 cells that are very encouraging. You may want to discuss this as well with your physician.

Just keep this issue alive on your "list to do" since vaccination is really important.

Can Inactive HepaB carriers spread to others
hep c