|Should I be tested for Hep C
May 6, 2007
Hi, My mother was recently diagnosed with Hep C that she got from a blood transfusion 25 years ago. Should I be tested? I think I used her razor a few times in those 25 years and helped her with a few cuts and scrapes, but I can't remember anything else. I am in the process of changing insurance and terrified of a positive result. Thanks!
Response from Dr. McGovern
I think it is reasonable to be tested to be certain that the razor exposure did not lead to transmission. However, the chances are very low so I wouldn't lose sleep over it until testing.
Anti-Hbs is also getting low while taking Adefovir
What is anti hbsag titer?
- Is Hair Loss An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- What Std Would Cause Lower Back Pain?
- 14 Months After Possible Exposure Results Non Reactive
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.