Apr 15, 2007
i may have peirced my skin with a needle on the street about 5yrs ago what is the likelyhood of me contracting hiv or hep b.? i was in the army after it do you think they would have tested me for any blood born disease's.?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't know that regulations on what they test for in the army. I would simply get tested for both viruses to allay your concerns.
Hepatitis B Vacine series
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Does HIV Cause Vaginal Discharge?
- Is Chills A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.