my mom

Hi, my name is Devon I am 17. My mom has had hepatitis c for a while now. She is 43 now. She has been having flu like symptoms, not eating(lost 80lbs in last 8 months), and is tired all the time. She was a very heavy drinker up until a year ago...I was wondering if you could tell me if there is a way for her to get treatment to cure it(she makes very little money and has no insurance) or at least tell me how much longer she has to live. I need to know if i need to make arrangements for my little sister who is currently in her care or is she going to be ok.

I would bring your mom to a public health hospital to get evaluated medically. Losing that amount of weight is a big concern. I can't tell you unfortunately any other advice other than that. She clearly needs a doctor and can get care through a public health hospital in your area. If you don't know one off hand, call you local health department for advice.

hepa B and diabetic type 2
Acute/Chronic