|Hepatitis C transmission
Apr 15, 2007
Can hepatitis C be transmitted when semen from a person with the virus comes in contact with a cut or scratch on the skin of another person? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Although hepatitis C is found in semen, there is uncommonly transmission through sex. This risk is increased when there is sex with trauma (eg anal intercourse). I would strongly doubt that a superficial scratch is of concern.
hepa B and diabetic type 2
- Can Hiv Virus Pass Through The Pores Of Condoms?
- A Positive Hiv Antibody Test Result Means
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- What Does A Herpes Scab Look Like?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Gay Men
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.