|Hepatitis C transmission
Apr 15, 2007
Can hepatitis C be transmitted when semen from a person with the virus comes in contact with a cut or scratch on the skin of another person? Thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Although hepatitis C is found in semen, there is uncommonly transmission through sex. This risk is increased when there is sex with trauma (eg anal intercourse). I would strongly doubt that a superficial scratch is of concern.
hepa B and diabetic type 2
- How Long Does Hiv Live On Surfaces?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- When Will A Blood Test Show Herpes?
- What Does Herpes Feel Like In Women?
- Time Between Tingling And A Break Out With Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.