Apr 15, 2007
Can you get Hepatitis C by having Sex with someone who has Hepatitis C?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Uncommonly. It occurs about 1 to 2 percent of the time among monogamous couples. It occurs more commonly with sex with trauma (eg anal intercourse) and in association with other genital ulcers, like syphilis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Person Be Just A Carrier Of Hiv?
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Should You Get Tested For Hiv?
- Is Excessive Gas A Sign Of Hiv?
- What Is The Difference Between Being Hiv Positive And Having Aids?
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
- What Is The Riskiest Way To Sexual Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.