Apr 15, 2007
how contagous is it. how is transmitted.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is mainly transmitted from injection drug use. It is very contagious through this method and can occur through one event of needle sharing. It can also be spread simply by sharing other injection equipment like cookers and cotton swabs.
HCV is uncommonly transmitted through sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Non Medical Treatments For HIV/AIDS
- Reasons For False Positive ELISA
- Side Effects After Stopping Atripla
- How Does Hiv Aids Develop In The Human Body?
- What Are The Chances Of Contracting Hiv From Heterosexual Encounter?
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Should You Get Tested For Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.