INACTIVE HEPATITIS B

I am a wife of hepa B carrier and I can't stop researching about hepa B co'z I'm worried for my husband's health.

Only last year when we found out about that hepa B when we had a yearly check-up.

October 2006, here are his lab results: HBsAg + (3.000 pt. count - 0.886 cut-off value) Anti-HBs negative (0.320 pt. count - 0.709 cut-off value)Anti-HBc + (0.412 pt. count - 1.268 cut-off value) HBeAg negative (0.317 pt. count - 0.712 cut-off value) Anti-HBe + (0.434 pt. count - 1.053 cut-off value), he also had liver ultra sound and the result is normal but he has findings on Gallbladder, he has gallstone (cholelithiasis) and he needs an operation. Is hepa B has something to do with it? Is it not harmful for him to undergo operation.

I am anticipating an answer to my questions. Thank you in advance for your attention.

More power & God bless!

Your husband has no HBe antigen and has gained hepatitis B e antibody. This is usually a good sign of less active disease. However, the only way to know that is to obtain a HBVDNA test to determine if your husband has any virus. If he doesn't, then he is an "inactive carrier". This test is important to determine the activity of his disease.

HCV TREATMENT
Increased ALT and HIV