Apr 15, 2007
PEGASYS AND RIBAVIRIN IS THIS A TYPE OF CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Interferon has been used to treat other diseases like melanoma. However, Pegasys and ribavirin combination therapy specifically treat hepatitis C. Pegasys in a pegylated form of interferon which has a longer half-life enabling once weekly injections. Ribavirin is a nucleoside analog with antiviral activity.
INACTIVE HEPATITIS B
- How Much Blood Is Required To Cause HIV Through Kissing?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Blow Job
- Toilet Paper Touched Bloody Tampon And I Wiped With It
- Statistical Odds Of Catching Hiv
- How Long After Having Sex Can Hiv Show Up In A Test?
- How Accurate Is The Hiv Testing When Pregnant?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.