Apr 15, 2007
PEGASYS AND RIBAVIRIN IS THIS A TYPE OF CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Interferon has been used to treat other diseases like melanoma. However, Pegasys and ribavirin combination therapy specifically treat hepatitis C. Pegasys in a pegylated form of interferon which has a longer half-life enabling once weekly injections. Ribavirin is a nucleoside analog with antiviral activity.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Is Hep C Contagious If Inactive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.