Hepatitis C

6 yrs ago I was diagnosed with Hep C. I never saw the numbers. My cholestorol was 279. I was a heavy drinker and quit drinking immediately. I never had any treatment. I went to the hospital for an unrelated reason and got a blood work up and my ALK PHOS, ALT and AST are all in the normal range with my cholestorol down to 167. Does this mean I don't have Hep C anymore?

I can't answer this. You simply have to get tested. I think it is great news to know that you stopped drinking alcohol since this is a potent toxin and clearly accelerates HCV disease. Your cholesterol going down is another great piece of news, not just for your heart, but also for your liver, since high levels can contribute to fatty changes in your liver.

I would simply check for HCV RNA and a genotype and if you are viremic (have virus in your blood), I would also get a liver biopsy.

Hepatitis C query
HCV TREATMENT