|hepc and a baby
Apr 15, 2007
i sent this question in and have not gotten a response yet. at what age should you take your child in for a hep c test? i was told after 18 months??? is there a different test for kids, or do they test the same as adults, with a whole vial of blood?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Unfortunately there are hundreds of questions that come through this site and I can only answer a portion of them since I do this in my spare time.
Children are tested by hepatitis C at 18 months. This is because earlier testing may detect antibodies from the mother which may give a false impression that the baby is infected.
Breastfeeding of Hepa Carrier
Hepatitis C query
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- ARS Symptoms One At A Time Or All Together
- Blood On Broken Skin Hiv Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.