Help with all

I left my boyfriend six months ago cause he could not give up cocaine. Both of us are hep C positive. I got a call 2 months ago that I was HIV contact & when I called him to check I found out it is him. At first I was angry but then somehow we ended up back together. I thought I would be positive cause we have been together for 6 years but I am not. My problem (besides the obvious) He wants to clean up & try to get healthy but I do not trust his sincerity. I have been hurt so much by him but feel bad cause he is sick & needs me.I also really love him. Iam so messed by this that I have left my job of 5 years & can not even think of anything but this. Iam reading books from the library & they just scare me. We are seeing a Specialist who says his liver is not doing good & therefore affecting his ability to fight HIV. Thing is they want to treat the Hep & said I may as well go through the treatment as why treat him if I could reinfect him. Problem is I have no symtoms & have heard bad things about the program. Any advice or real facts I can consider. Thank you

Treatment for hepatitis C is associated with significant side effects. However, I find that for the majority of my patients, the greatest problems are fatigue, decreased appetite, and weight loss. The other major issue is depression or mood disorders. These should be treated aggressively, and if there are any mild symptoms prior to treatment, we prefer to start anti-depressants or mood stabilizers prior to HCV therapy.

There are many other side effects as well, but whether these occur depends on the individual patient. I always say that if you have liver disease, the only way to know how you will tolerate the treatment is to try it. I have had some patients with minimal symptoms - really!

Non or late resopnder
Breastfeeding of Hepa Carrier