Do I need medication?

Good morning! do I need to take medication? I was diagnosed to have this chronic hepa-b , my HBV-DNA result ( 13,061 IU/ML ; 76,015 COPIES / ML ) , SGPT - ALT 29 U/L , my liver ultrasound is normal . I have consulted to three doctors and one told me to take this drug HEPSERA and the other two told me that I am a healthy carrier and just need to monitor my conditions every 6 months. Do I still have a chance of working in the US if I have this chronic HBV.

Right now you have normal liver function tests and a reassuring liver ultrasound.

However, hepatitis B needs serial monitoring to determine the status of your disease over time and the need for treatment. The activity of HBV can change so it is important to have good follow-up.

I wouldn't define you as a "healthy carrier". This is terminology that we usually don't use any more. I also wouldn't call you an "inactive carrier" because you still have some degree of virus in your blood, although it is on the lower side than it usually seen with most patients with chronic active hepatitis where milions and billions of virions are seen.

If your liver function tests remain normal, your immune system may be "tolerant" of the virus and usually that situation is associated with little liver disease. If your liver function tests become abnormal over time, I would probably assess a liver biopsy to determine how much disease you have since an ultrasound is not near as sensitive as a biopsy.

HCV Normal Range
Non or late resopnder