For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

HCV Normal Range

What is the normal range for HVC?

My father-in-law got 5.81 X 100000 IU/ml (Five Lakh Eighty-one thousand IU/ml) when he got his AURO-HCV-RNA-1(QUANTITATIVE) test done.

Thanks kazim

There really is no "normal" range for hepatitis C. The fact that any virus is detectable is significant because it infers that the "possibility" of liver disease exists.

The level of virus does not correlate with the severity of disease.

The level of virus is important to know before treatment is begun to determine if a patient's viral load is responding appropriately to therapy.

Do I need medication?