|HCV Normal Range
Apr 15, 2007
What is the normal range for HVC?
My father-in-law got 5.81 X 100000 IU/ml (Five Lakh Eighty-one thousand IU/ml) when he got his AURO-HCV-RNA-1(QUANTITATIVE) test done.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There really is no "normal" range for hepatitis C. The fact that any virus is detectable is significant because it infers that the "possibility" of liver disease exists.
The level of virus does not correlate with the severity of disease.
The level of virus is important to know before treatment is begun to determine if a patient's viral load is responding appropriately to therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Range For Viral Load In Hcv
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.