Hep B and work issuess

Hi... I am not from the USA but am planning on taking an internship at a hotel there. I have chronic Hp B and am using Zeffix right now (HbsAg + and HBV DNA -, ALT and AST at normal levels).My first question is: Will they ask for a full health report before I start working? If they do and they find out, what actions might they take? Should I take the risk and come all the way to USA?

Secondly: Can I get Zeffix in the US easily? Do I need prescriptions?

Thanks a lot in advance... Your answers will be much appreciated...

Zeffix (lamivudine) has led to viral suppression with normalization of liver function tests. This is great news for your chronic hepatitis B infection. The next step is to monitor your HBeAg to see if you develop seroconversion (loss of E antigen with gain of E antibody). If that occurs then you should be treated for a minimum of six months after that event.

Right now I would say that your disease is being controlled extremely well. I do not know requirements of these places of employment and suspect that the details may vary on the job. Zeffix (lamivudine) is extremely easy to get and is the cheapest HBV drug.

Entecavir Baraclude
HCV/HIV COINFECTION