|Changing HIV meds due to HBV
Apr 4, 2007
If my Atripla isn't working to keep the HBV down but IS working for my HIV, what new regimen would you suggest if adding a third one isn't appropriate. My doctor is prescribing Tyzeka in addition to the already powerful Atripla.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Resistance to emtricitabine (one of the drugs in Atripla) usually means cross resistance to telbivudine. You may want to consider entecavir at 1.0 mg daily instead.
HEPA and HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Severe Vaginal Bleeding After Lifting
- Std Cause A Rash Around Mouth And Nose
- Are Muscle Aches In Legs A Symptom Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.