Changing HIV meds due to HBV

If my Atripla isn't working to keep the HBV down but IS working for my HIV, what new regimen would you suggest if adding a third one isn't appropriate. My doctor is prescribing Tyzeka in addition to the already powerful Atripla.

If your Atripla is not working to keep the HBV down, then the addition of Tyzeka (telbivudine) will probably not help either.

Resistance to emtricitabine (one of the drugs in Atripla) usually means cross resistance to telbivudine. You may want to consider entecavir at 1.0 mg daily instead.

Genotyping
HEPA and HIV