Apr 4, 2007
Hello, how deadly of a disease is HCV. I was 22 when I was infcted and am really depressed, don't have a bright oulook on the future because am worried that this is a terminal illness. Dr. M, can you please give me some hope by twlling me the true facts of this virus, and is it really curable.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C becomes a chronic infection in most patients. However, it does not cause serious liver disease in every patient. A liver biopsy is helpful in determining the amount of disease. Therapy is curable in about 50 percent of patients.
Very Concerned...I couuld sure use your advice!
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Giving Handjob?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Piercing?
- Does Dry Mouth Mean I Have AIDS?
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.