HCV INFECTION

Hello, how deadly of a disease is HCV. I was 22 when I was infcted and am really depressed, don't have a bright oulook on the future because am worried that this is a terminal illness. Dr. M, can you please give me some hope by twlling me the true facts of this virus, and is it really curable.

Hepatitis C becomes a chronic infection in most patients. However, it does not cause serious liver disease in every patient. A liver biopsy is helpful in determining the amount of disease. Therapy is curable in about 50 percent of patients.

Very Concerned...I couuld sure use your advice!
Genotyping