|HBV Transmission HELP
Apr 4, 2007
Please answer! Help, can't take it anymore.
can HBV or HCV be transmitted by sharing drinks or by touching the penis of an affected person?
please let me know..
Response from Dr. McGovern
Although these viruses have been identified in saliva, there are no known cases of transmission through sharing utensils. The latest guidelines for HBV for example specifically state that patients can share utensils and food.
You can acquire these viruses through blood to blood contact. Not the kind of exposure you are describing.
HEP VACCINATION IF HEP B POSITIVE
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Syphilis And Weight Loss
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.