|HBV Transmission HELP
Apr 4, 2007
Please answer! Help, can't take it anymore.
can HBV or HCV be transmitted by sharing drinks or by touching the penis of an affected person?
please let me know..
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Although these viruses have been identified in saliva, there are no known cases of transmission through sharing utensils. The latest guidelines for HBV for example specifically state that patients can share utensils and food.
You can acquire these viruses through blood to blood contact. Not the kind of exposure you are describing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.