|plz plz ans my question
Apr 4, 2007
heloo...what is the effect of hep b on a child if the mother is taking medicines such as ziffex ..and if having a child is v imp ?? how much is the percentage that that it will risk the child?? its really imp plz answer my question plz
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk of transmission of hepatitis B to the newborn is low when all the right preventive measures are taken. At birth, the baby is given vaccine and also Hepatitis B immunoglobulin. After that the baby is given more vaccine on a set schedule. These measures are extremely effective. If you are also on therapy, that will also help to decrease the risk of transmission. Your baby should do very well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.