|Hepatitis C - sexual transmission
Apr 3, 2007
After having sex with my partner who has Hepatitis C, I later discovered that I was bleeding and apparently experienced a vaginal tear. He was wearing a condom, which appeared to be intact. However, his mouth and hands may have come into contact with the area at or near the tear. Is there cause for concern in this instance, and should I be tested? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No I don't think this is cause for concern since you were using condoms. I would not recommend testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.