Apr 3, 2007
I am HBsAG reactive with HBsAG titer pt. value of 3544 and less than 2 result. My HBsAB is non reactive. Whatis your impression doc with my result am I active carrier and contagious.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you are chronically infected with hepatitis B since your surface antigen is positive and your have virus in your blood. You will want to pursue testing of your liver function tests, HBeAg and HBeAb to determine your category of disease.
HIV and HCV
Hepatitis C - sexual transmission
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- Will A Herpes Breakout Always Reoccur In The Same Area?
- Who Does Genital Herpes Affect?
- When Does Herpes Appear On Lips?
- What If You Are Not Cured After Taking Bacterial Vaginosis Medications?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.