Apr 2, 2007
what effect does hepatitis b have on unborn baby?
Response from Dr. McGovern
None. The risk of hepatitis B to a baby is at the time of birth if the mother is chronically infected. However, immunization and hepatitis B immunoglobulin are extremely effective in preventing transmission if given according to schedule, which includes at the time of birth.
i don't know
is this acute or chronic hep-c
- Thrush In Mouth And Vagina Passed During Sex
- Hepatitis Transmission And Swimming Pools
- Are Fatigue Pale Skin Symptoms Of Hiv Aids?
- How Quickly Does Petechiae Arrive From Hiv?
- How Many Times Can You Use The Needle For Finger Prick Test With Hiv?
- What Is The Longest It Takes Hiv Antibodies To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.