Apr 2, 2007
what effect does hepatitis b have on unborn baby?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
None. The risk of hepatitis B to a baby is at the time of birth if the mother is chronically infected. However, immunization and hepatitis B immunoglobulin are extremely effective in preventing transmission if given according to schedule, which includes at the time of birth.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.