|What are you more likly to get hep b or hiv
Mar 24, 2007
What are you more likly to contract from blood or bodly fluid HIV or Hep B and if your vacsonated for Hep B can you still catch it?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HBV is easier to acquire through sex than HIV. HBV is also easier to acquire through injection drug use than HIV. However, with multiple exposures, patients can be infected with both.
Vaccination protects against HBV infection if protective antibodies are formed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.