For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

hepatitis screening

what does it mean if d hep a,b,c, are non-REACTVE & antiHBsag titer is reactive. Prior to hep B vaccine, my husband did hep. screening test, results as above( sorry i 4got the value) but all reactive. so 2 vaccines recieved. B4 d Dr. decided to gve d 3rd dose as booster he asked to do antiHBsag titer, w/c is reactive so he advice not to reieve a booster anymore 'coz accdg. to research now, no need if titer is high, is it true? My friend has a hx of hep A in his childhood.But sometimes he has jaundice sclera. His abdominal ultrasound reveals a gallstone due to cholesterol but not a big size accdg. to his Dr.1 time he has pain & took paracetamol 1 gm, he is 37y.o, 60kg. His ALT/AST rises as usually normal,& Dr. said might be hep B or C but when repeated after 3 days, became Normal w/c is ok accdg. to the Dr.Will hepa sreening is the only test if u have hepatitis in your serum? What causes his yellow sclera that sometimes appear?

A positive hepatitis B surface antigen may mean chronic hepatitis B disease. Further testing is indicated: HBeAg, HBeAb, HBV DNA

about HIV treatment
cocaine and my meds