|elevated liver tests
Mar 23, 2007
My ast was 44 and my alt was 68 does that mean that mean I may have hepatitis or is it just a fatty liver? My Dr. inform me to come back in a couple for a retest.
Response from Dr. McGovern
We can't tell from your enzymes alone. This just indicated "hepatitis" or inflammation of the liver.
You should have testing for Hepatitis B and C if you have any risk factors. Yes fatty liver can also cause this as well.
Hep B and menstrual cycle
ELVIS IS IN THE HOUSE
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
- Will I Still Have Symptoms After Being Treated For Chlamydia?
- When Does Herpes Appear On Lips?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
- Syphilis How Does It Affect Reproductive System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.