|elevated liver tests
Mar 23, 2007
My ast was 44 and my alt was 68 does that mean that mean I may have hepatitis or is it just a fatty liver? My Dr. inform me to come back in a couple for a retest.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
We can't tell from your enzymes alone. This just indicated "hepatitis" or inflammation of the liver.
You should have testing for Hepatitis B and C if you have any risk factors. Yes fatty liver can also cause this as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.