Chronic HBV infection

My name is Praveen and i am from India. I have several doubts on this disease as my mother and brother died of the same. 1)Is it Hereditery? 2)I have done LFT and CBC and everything appears normal. 3)Liver Biopsy is done and liver is fine with no infection? Kindly let me is whether is it serious or i can lead a normal life. The Question are very critical as i am planning to get married and i dont wnat to hide anything to my wife.kindly revert back at the earliest

My advice is to get a hepatitis serology panel - Hepatitis B surface antigen at the very least. If this is negative, you do not have chronic hepatitis B.

It is possible that your mother had hepatitis B and passed it during childbirth to your brother. This does not mean that you have it too since it is possible that you got HBV immunoglobulin at the time of birth.

This simple blood test will help sort out if you have infection. However, it also sounds like you had a reassuring biopsy as well.

If your hepatitis B surface antigen is positive, and your liver tests and biopsy are good, then you will still need follow-up over time to be certain that it stays that way - about every six months. If your surface antigen is positive, I would also obtain hepatitis E antigen and HBV DNA viral load testing.

delayed seroconversion
How long after infection is Hepatitis still considered acute?