delayed seroconversion

i read that coinfection can cause delayed seroconversion-past 6 months. any info in this would be helpful. i tested negative for hep and HIV at 6 months. but my soft palate and uvula are just atrocious looking. bumps and lesions and blood vessels, and a big white ridge resembling scar tissue. it was biopsied as hyperplastic squamous mucosa, ENT said NO connection, but other dr.s said there has to be, that this doesn't happen to HIV neg.

can a coinfection really cause delayed positive results? every dr is telling me something different, and i did have about 3 months where i think i was yellow, but CBC and differentials were normal. i also had an intense viral like illness (low fevers for 5 months, burning feeling on skin of my face arms, and breasts. rashes, red palms, 39 lb weight loss, chronic tonsillitis(resulting in their removal) and pharyngitis. swollen painful glands, and burning and tingling in my mouth. this all lasted 6 months or so.

my gen. prac. referred me to ID evrn though i was neg. my other dr.s say she is nuts. i did make appt. but it will be weeks before i am seen. please an opinion(good or bad) would be helpful. i also heard that if you were infected many years ago you stop producing antibodies. could you explain..

thanks

So two main questions: 1. Can the seroconversion of HCV be delayed?

In general, patients with acute hepatitis C develop antibodies in about 8 weeks. Yes seroconversion can take longer, up to 12 weeks and very uncommonly as long as six months. However, the last scenario is extremely rare and I think is overemphasized.

2. Some people with chronic hepatitis who resolved their infection can lose antibodies over decades. This too is uncommon.

Hepatitus C
Chronic HBV infection