Mar 23, 2007
What percentage is hepatitus is contacted through sex. what is the safest way to prevent a sexual partner from contacting hepatitus C
Response from Dr. McGovern
Among monogamous couples, the risk of transmitting hepatitis C is only about 1 to 2 percent. Risk increases with traumatic anal sex. Also recent studies suggest that HCV risk can increase in the setting of other ulcerative sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis.
If a couple wants to avoid transmission from one partner to another, we do advise the use of condoms.
nurse w/ hep b +
- Can Neuropathy Be Relieved With Ibuprofen?
- Is Coughing Up Blood A Sign Of Hiv Aids?
- Persistent Generalized Lymphadenopathy And Hiv
- Can You Have Hiv And Aids At The Same Time?
- When Having Hpv Should You Use A Condom?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.