undetectable and alcohol use

i have benn thru treatment for hep c and have been undetectable for six months.i am wanting to know if i may safly use alcohol occasionly. one doctor said yes once a week or less in moderation and one said no not at all.

Congratulations on your sustained virologic cure of your hepatitis C. That is a great accomplishment.

The issue of alcohol after hepatitis C treatment really depends on two things: 1. How bad was your liver disease to start? If you had advanced liver disease, I would agree with no alcohol. If only mild or moderate, I think occasional one to two drinks once weekly is certainly acceptable. 2. Did you have a problem with alcohol abuse in the past? If yes, then none is the answer.If no, then one or two drinks per week seems acceptable to me. However, if you got several doctors in one room, you would get several different answers because noone knows for sure and it is just an educated guess. Less is better than more - that is for sure!

Best of luck.

Flare in Chronic HBV Infection
Do Hep C antibodies persist even if you cleared the virus 10-15 years ago?