Mar 16, 2007
Can it be determined how the HCV was caused by the genotype? Can the time period be determined by the genotype?
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are six different genotypes of hepatitis C. They are distributed mainly by geography. For example, genotype 4 is mainly found in Egypt, while genotype 6 is mainly in Asia. In the United States, genotype 1 is the most common genotype.
You cannot judge the time of onset by the genotype.
hiv and hep c
Flare in Chronic HBV Infection
- Is Chest Cold An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Thrush After Happy Ending Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- If You Use A Condom Correctly Can You Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.