Mar 16, 2007
Can it be determined how the HCV was caused by the genotype? Can the time period be determined by the genotype?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are six different genotypes of hepatitis C. They are distributed mainly by geography. For example, genotype 4 is mainly found in Egypt, while genotype 6 is mainly in Asia. In the United States, genotype 1 is the most common genotype.
You cannot judge the time of onset by the genotype.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Touching Stripper Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Unprotected Anal Sex How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation And Negative HIV Test
- What Are The Chances Of Getting HIV From Condom Inside Out?
- What Is The Risk Of Foreplay?
- Bloody Nose During Seroconversion
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.