Mar 16, 2007
Can it be determined how the HCV was caused by the genotype? Can the time period be determined by the genotype?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are six different genotypes of hepatitis C. They are distributed mainly by geography. For example, genotype 4 is mainly found in Egypt, while genotype 6 is mainly in Asia. In the United States, genotype 1 is the most common genotype.
You cannot judge the time of onset by the genotype.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Gonorrhea Permanent?
- What Does It Mean If I Test Positive For Herpes Antibodies?
- What Does Bacterial Vaginosis Look Like?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Symptoms Of Advanced Syphilis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.