|eye ball spit
Mar 16, 2007
I was spit at by a former employee. Should I seek medical attention for my eye?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Whenever there is a work-related event and there is any doubt in your mind, I think it is always good to report this to employee health, or to your supervisor if you don't have an employee health department.
With that said, I don't think you necessarily need attention, since there is very low likelihood of any consequences. It is extremely rare to have any transmission of a viral hepatitis in this way (I only know of one HCV case for example) and we don't even know if the individual had chronic hepatitis.
- What Color Is The Fluid Inside Herpes Blisters?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Ways To Get Syphilis Without Having Sex
- Viral Infection Throat And Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.