|hepb+ (e -)it is infectious?
Mar 16, 2007
my doctor said that my hep b is not infectous bcoz of my e antigen (-) result. is that true? please answer im confused... thanks more power!
Response from Dr. McGovern
You ask a good question.
Chronic hepatitis B can be divided into different types: 1. Active 2. Inactive
Active disease includes patients with HBe antigen positive or HBe antigen negative. Both of these groups have detectable HBV DNA (virus in their bloodstream).
In the inactive category, a patient has HBsurface antigen, but does not have detectable virus in their blood.
I would draw a HBV DNA test to be certain that you do not have active virus in your blood.
Hep C and Hypoglycemia
Please Interpret my HEPA B Profile Test Result
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.