Feb 11, 2007
i had anal sex with a girl that has hep c do i have now
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is uncommonly transmitted through sex, but I have higher concerns regarding sex with trauma. You will want to have protected sex to decrease your risk and avoid anal sex when possible or use protection.
I would get baseline laboratory testing and follow-up but your risk after one exposure is very low - but not zero.
Also safe sex is a good general approach to avoid other STDs.
daughter hiv / hep c
Co-Infection HIV/HEP C
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- What To Do If Your Partner Has Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Does Herpes On The Vagina Look Like?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.