Feb 11, 2007
At this time is there a new drug inhibiture that can treat Hep C? I have seen the results about a drug used for HIV that keeps the virous from replacating. will they use this drug in a trial for Hep C?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There are new treatments being developed for hepatitis C including protease inhibitors and polymerase inhibitors. The preliminary results are exciting and show a remarkable decline of virus levels after short periods of time - particularly with the protease inhibitors.
We will probably need to use these drugs in combination therapy, once they are available, just like we do with the treatment of HIV, to decrease the onset of resistance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.